PetSmart Charities and The Humane Society of the United States have recorded a series of 27 webinars on all things community cats! Many of the webinars include Neighborhood Cats presenters, including co-founder and Board member Bryan Kortis and Neighborhood Cats officers Meredith Weiss and Lois McClurg. Topics include:
- Colony Care: Food and Shelter
- Community TNR: An Overview
- Drop Traps: A Trapper's Best Friend
- Grassroots Mobilization: Getting the Community Involved
- Have a Plan! An Overview of the TNR Process
- Mass Trapping
- Return to Field: Lowering Euthanasia of Healthy Cats
- Targeted TNR: Making the Most of Your Resources
- The Community Cats Project: A New Model for Animal Sheltering
- Trap-Neuter-Return: What is It & Why do It?
- When You're an Outlaw: Persuading Municipal Officials to Implement TNR
These webinars and more can be found in the PetSmart Charities Learning Management System. Here's how you get there:
1) Go to www.petsmartcharities.org/pro
2) Click on "Learn"
3) Click on "Join the online learning community" (registration is quick)
4) Once inside, click on "Catalog"
5) Click on the tile for Supporting Community Cats
6) From the list of webinars, click on the one you want to view.
7) Click on Enroll (to the upper right)
8) Click on Go to Enrollment